Calling all eco-heros!
GreenStep seeks ambitious, hardworking, self-motivated, high energy, enthusiastic team members to join a small but growing company whose purpose is to “change the world by making sustainable business more profitable than business as usual.” If this is you, and you’d like to apply to join our team, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waste Reduction Educator
The primary function of the Waste Reduction Educator is to educate users of the Glenmore Landfill transfer bins (these are bins that residents use to dispose of their loads). The Waste Reduction Educator ensures users are not disposing of mandatory recyclables into the bins. If mandatory recyclables are identified in the load, the Educator instructs the user as to where the material should go, either on or off site depending on what it is.
There is a long list of materials that are banned from landfill and must be recycled. These include any item that is currently collected in the curbside collection program (paper, plastic, tin, cardboard etc.), any material that is currently collected through a Provincial Stewardship Program (beverage containers, electronics, paints, small appliances, batteries etc.), as well as yard waste, metal, concrete, asphalt, tires, white goods, drywall, etc.
The work involves walking/standing for up to a full four hours in varying types of weather depending on the season.
We will provide:
- A training session before the start date
- Information brochures to hand out to customers
- High-vis safety gear (vest and hats), safety glasses
You must provide:
- Your own transportation for travel to/from the Glenmore Landfill
- Steel-toe, steel plate boots ($50 reimbursement available if necessary)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
Safety is priority. The Waste Reduction Educator shall take all necessary safety precautions during the work and comply with all City of Kelowna safety requirements and safety directions.
- Friendly, polite, and respectful
- Self-motivated, responsible, and reliable
- Excellent communications skills
- Comfortable approaching people, able to handle minor confrontation
- Thorough interest, knowledge and understanding of current recycling programs and guidelines
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 7, 2017.